The Leader
Opinion

From the desk of Joseph Marciniak, Scallion Editor

Welcome back to campus everyone, it’s good to be back (probably). If you’re anything like me, you’ve got a million things to work on and your mind is on so many different topics it can be hard to concentrate and sit down and write a damn From the Desk Of article because you offered to write the first one again! Just me? Well, in any case, I have so many things on my mind right now, how about I just tell you about my taste in music right now.

Stuck in my head has been the album “Verses” by Louie Zong. It SLAPS. It’s also extraordinarily wholesome, in particular “Just and Quail” and “Priscilla” stick out to me. These songs are certified bops that also warm my cold dead heart. Louie Zong in general just makes very happy music, so if you need a pick me up, I recommend his music.

Also frequently on my shuffle is the album “You Made Me Hurt” by Johnny and the Man kids. You may be thinking “Wait, Joe, isn’t that the band your brothers are in?”. Yeah, so what? I’m allowed to like their music. And it’s true, it slaps hard, and you won’t see me admit that to my brother. John, if you’re reading this, I’m lying, the album sucks and I never listen to it.

My main homie has always been Saint Motel though. I wait very impatiently for them to release the next two parts of their three part album “The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.” The first part was incredible, I vibe real hard to “Sisters” specifically. If you need a safe pop rock band, Saint Motel never fails.